PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
This personal data protection policy explains the practices and conditions in which m-Medix.com the online presence of Malbo Pharmacy & Stores Ltd a pharmaceutical premise registered under the Company and Allied Matters Act 1990 of Nigeria and licensed by the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) with office address at Suite D1, Wind D, 2XL Mall 11 Road (Christiana Ajayi Okonga Street) Gwarinpa Housing Estate 900108 Abuja – Nigeria, collects, uses and stores your personal data, herein called “Data”. In this document you will find the various Data that we may collect or that you may provide to us when you access and/or use our platform: https://www.m-medix.com.
1) Personal Information/Data We Collect
We interact with visitors to our website differently, however, note that we may collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal information about you. This includes:
- IDENTITY & CONTACT INFORMATION: When you place an order at m-Medix.com we will ask you to set up "your account" which requires your name, e-mail address, mailing address and mobile/telephone number (s).
- PAYMENT INFORMATION: Upon checkout you shall be redirected to our payment service provider who requires you to provide your credit card, debit card details and other financial payment information to complete your order (note that we do not anyway store your payment credit or debit card information) and our payment processor has taken measures to ensure your details are safe and secured.
- ACCOUNT PROFILE INFORMATION: When signing up for your account on our website (m-Medix.com), We also collect information regarding your profile such as your username or similar identifier, account password, purchase/order history, and your interests.
- CORPORATE INFORMATION: As a multi-seller platform serving as an online pharmacy mall, we mandatorily collect business registration information and pharmacy license information of companies who want to use our website as platform to showcase/sell their products
- CORRESPONDENCE INFORMATION: As you send m-Medix.com messages and enquiries, we collect information regarding your email address, phone number, social media handle and other relevant data you may provide while communicating with us, for example your intended or actual use of products, questions about products, as well as records of your communications with us.
- HEALTH INFORMATION: to track unintended response to medicine or drug therapy, we collect information on any adverse reaction you might have to any medication or dietary supplement for purposes of improving medicine usage. We may also collect other relevant health information that you choose to share with us.
- TECHNICAL INFORMATION: For your safety and ours we collect technical information which include among others your internet protocol ("IP") address; your web browser software and version; if you arrived at the Services through a link from another website, information about the page you came from; your mobile device identifier and other information about devices you use to access the Services.
- INFORMATION ON ONLINE ACTIVITY: As you use our website we collect information about your activity which include traffic data, log-files and other data or communication resources used by you when accessing our Websites. In addition, we collect information through cookies, web beacons and other similar tools that tell us which pages you choose to view, and queries you make using our "search" function.
- MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INFORMATION: To improve our service delivery we collect information regarding your preferences in receiving marketing, promotions and sales offers from us and our marketing partners, and where possible, photographs containing images of you where you choose to provide them to us.
2) How We Collect Information About You
We collect information from you and about you in different ways depending on how you use m-Medix.com. Basically, your data is collected as follows:
- DIRECT INTERACTIONS: We directly collect personal information/data about you when you sign up on our website to create customer or seller account, subscribe to our newsletter/mailing lists, place an order, use our online pharmacy support chat service, provide reviews/feedback about products/sellers on our website or submit an adverse drug reaction report. This information ranges from your identity, contact, payment (collected via our payment service provider), profile, health and correspondence data.
3) Why We Collect Your Data?
We use your Data collected on m-Medix.com for the following reasons:
- IF YOU ARE A CUSTOMER ON OUR WEBSITE:
- Your data is collected on m-Medix.com so that we will be able to serve you better. The data collected enable us to interact with you without any misrepresentations.
- We collect your data to enable you have access to interactive features on our website and to correctly apply the tools we have deployed on our website. Your data is collected, especially during the order process to enable us to manage and fulfill your orders, ensure security, adequately trace product purchases and transmit information regarding your user account with respect to invoices and order history.
- We collect your data to send you our Newsletters and personalized offers when you have subscribed to it; Notify you of any changes on our m-Medix.com or in our offering of products and services.
- Your data is collected to enable us to correctly attend to your enquiries and effectively manage your requests communicated to us via our Online Pharmacy Support Chat Service.
- Your data is collected to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations which may arise from time to time. This includes alerting you if a product is recalled and to also maintain records of adverse reactions to dietary supplement and other medication when you choose to provide this to us. We may collect your data to provide third party with information that should improve medication usage.
- Your Data may also be sent to any buyer or successor in the event of there is merger, transfer, restructuring, re-organisation, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of m-Medix.com assets due to uncertainties, bankruptcy, liquidation or other processes in which the personal data of m-Medix.com users are listed among the transferred assets.
- We use your data to help prevent and detect fraud and other crimes that might be committed using or against our services. We do this both to protect our legitimate interests in protecting our business assets and comply with our legal obligations.
- We use your data such as your Technical Information, to help us protect our legitimate interests in troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, and protecting our systems, including this website.
- We directly collect personal information/data about you when you sign up on our website to create customer or seller account, subscribe to our newsletter/mailing lists, place an order, use our online pharmacy support chat service, provide reviews/feedback about products/sellers on our website or submit an adverse drug reaction report. This information ranges from your identity, contact, payment (collected via our payment service provider), profile, health and correspondence data.
- IF YOU ARE A SELLER, CONTRIBUTOR, OR AN AFFILIATE ON OUR WEBSITE:
- Your data is collected to enable us to validate your existence, your corporate entity and product offerings.
- We collect your data to enable correctly manage orders of your product or service and also assist you fulfill your orders.
- We collect your data to enable ensure the genuineness of your product offerings and services and trace them.
- We collect your data to enable us effectively transmit information regarding your seller account, ensure clarity regarding sales and payment of commissions.
4) Data Retention Period – How Long is your data stored
m-Medix only stores your Data for the period necessary for the purposes and the storage period varies according to the Data in question, as it may be affected by the nature and purpose of the collection. Similarly, certain legal obligations stipulate a specific storage period. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary (generally 7 years) to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements we are subject to, as well as to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services kindly let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
5) Data Protections Measures – How your data is protected
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide through our website and services. On this note, your Data is stored on secure servers protected by firewalls and antivirus software. Among other safeguards, we use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology to help protect transmissions of your data over the internet and our website is continually monitor for integrity and any breach.
We have implemented technical and organisational measures intended to protect the security and confidentiality of your Data against any accidental loss and any unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy and given the inherent characteristics of the Internet, we cannot guarantee or warrant the absolute security of information exchanged with us over the internet through our website and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. As such, you agree that the security of your information is equally your responsibility. For example, it is your duty to keep secret your password enabling you to log in to your user account. We cannot be held liable for any failure to comply with privacy settings and security measures implemented on our Websites.
6) Data Owner’s Rights
Under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights regarding your personal information and choose how the Data you provide is used. This includes:
- Right to access your information: You have the right to confirm whether and how we use your personal information, why we use it, how long we keep it, and who we share it with. You also have the right to request a free copy of what we have.
- Right to have your information shared: You have the right to request a copy of your personal information for your personal use, including sharing with other entities.
- Right to rectify your information: If you believe that we hold personal information about you that is inaccurate, misleading, or incomplete, you have the right to request that we correct that information in our records.
- Right to request that we remove your information: You have the right to request that we remove your personal information from our records.
- Right to request that we limit use of your information: You also have the right to request that our use of your personal information be restricted.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where you provide consent to our use of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take us some time to process your request, but we will update your preferences as promptly as we can or inform you there will be a delay and explain why.